C U R R E N T O P P O R T U N I T I E S
I. GRAPHIC ARTIST
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create original designs and sketches for the development of the project, whichinclude logos, illustrations, tags, labels and other graphics as it pertains to soft and/or hard goods.
- Design relevant, on-trend graphics for seasonal product lines and account specific needs.
- Research, recognize and understand fashion trends.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of artwork pages and CADS.
- Understand licensed / brand marketing guidelines and best practices in order to create designs that are on strategy and reflect licensor’s vision.
- Track and adhere to a design schedule to meet product development calendar, with ability to meet tight deadlines and to implement quick revisions.
- Research global markets for trends, fabrics, prints, and techniques and to prepare seasonal presentation boards.
- Concept and execute seasonal event materials such as posters, window and in-store graphics, email campaigns, and event invites.
- Advanced skill in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and additional CS programs
- 5+ years of Apparel Graphic Design experience required, preferably in the license market.
- Working knowledge of the apparel industry in regards to trends, trims, printing & dyeing techniques, garment standards, manufacturing methods, etc.
- Highly organized and able to efficiently manage time while working on multiple projects
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple ongoing projects at once.
- Is a team player and enjoys working in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Ability to take direction.
II. Telemarketer – Dickies (Base Salary + Commission)
Jerry Leigh of California, located in Van Nuys, CA is seeking an outgoing, career-oriented professional to join their team. As a Jerry Leigh team member for Dickies, you will build and develop customer relationships within the community to promote Dickies apparel products.
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
- Work with the sales team to establish and meet marketing goals.
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day.
As a Jerry Leigh Team Member, you will receive…
- Hourly pay plus commission/bonus
- Sales experience (outside sales or inside sales representative, retail sales associate, or telemarketing) preferred
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred
- Ability to effectively relate to a customer
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred
- Position may require irregular working hours
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please complete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.
III. Associate Designer – Juniors
The Associate Designer will contribute to the creation, development, and execution of product appropriate for the Junior customer.
- Ability to develop & assist Design Director with original design concepts for Junior Market
- Participates and is responsible for the development of product from sample through production.
- Creates development and presentation CADS
- Researches and identify trends relevant to the Junior customer
- Assists Design Director in sample fits and line edits.
- Works with Team to assist with pre production process.
- Understands the basics of production process as it relates to the classification.
- Maintains awareness of corporate calendar and help team manage deadlines.
- Maintains product development logs, line sheets, and design archives.
- Prepares line for line previews and buy meetings.
- Updates boards, cads, and bill of materials.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree, or equivalent, in Fashion Design or Product Development
- Mac proficient
- Ability to create flat sketches in Adobe Illustrator
- Highly competent in Adobe Illustrator. Competent in Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Organized and self-motivated with the ability to multitask and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Sound communication skills to effectively collaborate with Design, Sales, Production, and Vendors
- Solid understanding of garment construction & fabric
- Must have 3-4 years experience in apparel design
IV. PRE-PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This is a full time role for a candidate who is eager to work in a hands-on fast paced environment. This person will be responsible for performing a variety of activities interacting between Production and Design.
MAIN JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation of and revision of cost sheets for development costing
- Creation of Quote Sheets for the Client
- Preparation of the Parks weekly Work In Process (WIP) report
- Creation and maintenance of Time in Action calendars
- Coordinate domestic and import sample development for the Parks team
- Responsible for submitting art packages to the Separation lab for printing
- Tracking of inbound and outbound Fedex parcels to the client and to the factory
- Following up with the client and with the factories for comments and approvals
- Reviewing garment tech packs and Bill of Materials (BOMs) to ensure information submitted factories is accurate
- Maintenance of approvals and comments in NGC software
- Must have a minimum two year degree in Fashion Design or Product Development
- Knowledge of knit and woven fabrics
- Knowledge of tech packs and BOMS
Please complete the information below and copy and paste your resume into the resume field. Thank you for your interest!