C U R R E N T O P P O R T U N I T I E S
I. ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Matching and verifying records such as purchase orders, delivery receipts, invoices, bill of ladings and contracts
- Following monthly end closing calendar and deadlines
- Archiving records by scanning and filing in a timely manner
- Maintaining records with a high level of confidentiality
- Communicating with other departments and team members
- Entering AP and AR data and documents into the system
- Other duties as directed by management
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 Years Accounting Assistant experience
- Computer literate, ability to perform math calculations
- Knowledge & experience with Excel
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage workload and meet deadlines
- ABS and SAGE ACCPAC preferred
- Lift 20-50 pounds occasionally, climb up and down stairs
II. GRAPHIC ARTIST
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create original designs and sketches for the development of the project, whichinclude logos, illustrations, tags, labels and other graphics as it pertains to soft and/or hard goods.
- Design relevant, on-trend graphics for seasonal product lines and account specific needs.
- Research, recognize and understand fashion trends.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of artwork pages and CADS.
- Understand licensed / brand marketing guidelines and best practices in order to create designs that are on strategy and reflect licensor’s vision.
- Track and adhere to a design schedule to meet product development calendar, with ability to meet tight deadlines and to implement quick revisions.
- Research global markets for trends, fabrics, prints, and techniques and to prepare seasonal presentation boards.
- Concept and execute seasonal event materials such as posters, window and in-store graphics, email campaigns, and event invites.
- Advanced skill in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and additional CS programs
- 5+ years of Apparel Graphic Design experience required, preferably in the license market.
- Working knowledge of the apparel industry in regards to trends, trims, printing & dyeing techniques, garment standards, manufacturing methods, etc.
- Highly organized and able to efficiently manage time while working on multiple projects
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple ongoing projects at once.
- Is a team player and enjoys working in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Ability to take direction.
III. ASSOCIATE DESIGNER – GIRLS
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ability to develop & assist Sr. Designer with original design concepts for Toddler, 4-6x, 4-16 and 7-16 Girls department.
- Participates and responsible in the conceptual development of product lines from samples through production.
- Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches, bill of materials and artwork.
- Assist Sr. Designer in sample fits and line edits.
- May recommend revisions/color ways on stripes, prints, and graphics.
- Responsible for fabric and trim development.
- Produce mechanical sketches through interpretation of design ideas.
- Establish and maintain branding consistency for all licensed properties and tiers of distribution through a conscious differentiation of design and color.
- Stay abreast of trends, new techniques and resources in fashion design. Solid understanding of the product development process.
- Frequent interaction with outside vendor for line development.
- Develop, enhance and maintain design archive in an organized manner to allow prompt and easy access for all product groups.
- Prepare line and trend presentation materials/set up for line previews and buy meetings. Oversee product development process and execution of internal and external samples and presentations.
- Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches, bill of materials for tech packs and artwork.
- College degree in fashion Design or related field.
- Good computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through advanced technology (Adobe Illustrator, Excel, Photoshop).
- 2-5 years design experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good design and color sense.
- Excellent follow-through skills.
- Must work well in team environment.
- Ability to create flat sketches in Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
- Solid understanding of garment construction.
- Solid product and fabric knowledge.
- Good organizational and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects in fast paced environment.
IV. Telemarketer – Dickies (Base Salary + Commission)
Jerry Leigh of California, located in Van Nuys, CA is seeking an outgoing, career-oriented professional to join their team. As a Jerry Leigh team member for Dickies, you will build and develop customer relationships within the community to promote Dickies apparel products.
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
- Work with the sales team to establish and meet marketing goals.
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day.
As a Jerry Leigh Team Member, you will receive…
- Hourly pay plus commission/bonus
- Sales experience (outside sales or inside sales representative, retail sales associate, or telemarketing) preferred
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred
- Ability to effectively relate to a customer
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred
- Position may require irregular working hours
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please complete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.
V. Technical Designer/Patternmaker
Performs a variety of activities required to create product specifications and fit execution from concept through production that accurately reflect design intent and correct fit.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating import technical packages for both costing and production
- Responsible for correcting black-line silhouette sketches to produce a technical sketch
- Attend model fittings, measure garments, document and implement changes accordingly for import
- Communicate with internal departments to ensure accuracy of garment specs, construction, fit, style, quality, retailer and safety compliance
- Communicate with factories as it relates to fit samples
- Communicate with Patternmaker to ensure specs, garment construction and pattern are accurate
- Responsible for creating graded spec sheets
- Responsible for ensuring pre-production samples meet requirements
- Responsible for entering all specs into NGC system
- Creating Patterns when necessary/overflow
- Must have a two year degree in Fashion Design, Patternmaking or product development
- Some knowledge of grading preferred
- 2 plus years of bottoms/knits contemporary patternmaking
- Bilingual/Spanish Preferred
- 4 plus years of technical experience in contemporary market
- Experience working with import factories
- Experience in contemporary market
- Experience in bottoms and knit tops
- Experience working with all types of knit and woven fabrics.
- Experience fitting many different kinds of garments and size ranges.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Proficient in computer patternmaking.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Must have good communication and written skills.
- Must work well under pressure
Requires 80% to 90% sitting. The additional workload will consist of walking to other departments for necessary communication as it relates to patterns and/or samples.
VI. Associate Designer – Juniors
The Associate Designer will contribute to the creation, development, and execution of product appropriate for the Junior customer.
- Ability to develop & assist Design Director with original design concepts for Junior Market
- Participates and is responsible for the development of product from sample through production.
- Creates development and presentation CADS
- Researches and identify trends relevant to the Junior customer
- Assists Design Director in sample fits and line edits.
- Works with Team to assist with pre production process.
- Understands the basics of production process as it relates to the classification.
- Maintains awareness of corporate calendar and help team manage deadlines.
- Maintains product development logs, line sheets, and design archives.
- Prepares line for line previews and buy meetings.
- Updates boards, cads, and bill of materials.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree, or equivalent, in Fashion Design or Product Development
- Mac proficient
- Ability to create flat sketches in Adobe Illustrator
- Highly competent in Adobe Illustrator. Competent in Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Organized and self-motivated with the ability to multitask and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Sound communication skills to effectively collaborate with Design, Sales, Production, and Vendors
- Solid understanding of garment construction & fabric
- Must have 3-4 years experience in apparel design
VII. PRE-PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This is a full time role for a candidate who is eager to work in a hands-on fast paced environment. This person will be responsible for performing a variety of activities interacting between Production and Design.
MAIN JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation of and revision of cost sheets for development costing
- Creation of Quote Sheets for the Client
- Preparation of the Parks weekly Work In Process (WIP) report
- Creation and maintenance of Time in Action calendars
- Coordinate domestic and import sample development for the Parks team
- Responsible for submitting art packages to the Separation lab for printing
- Tracking of inbound and outbound Fedex parcels to the client and to the factory
- Following up with the client and with the factories for comments and approvals
- Reviewing garment tech packs and Bill of Materials (BOMs) to ensure information submitted factories is accurate
- Maintenance of approvals and comments in NGC software
- Must have a minimum two year degree in Fashion Design or Product Development
- Knowledge of knit and woven fabrics
- Knowledge of tech packs and BOMS
Please complete the information below and copy and paste your resume into the resume field. Thank you for your interest!